Wednesday, December 5, 2007

it just brings a smile to my face.

oh gosh. it is wednesday, december 5th, and i have a 9:40 am flight home on december 13th. only 8 days. too bad i have an unbelievable amount of stuff to do before then. ugh. it doesn't help that the drama has increased dramatically (no pun intended) in the last couple days, which simply adds to my stress. it makes me really mad that i wanted to come to college to get away from the immaturity and drama, and there has been about five times as much drama in the last few months than i had to deal with all throughout high school. crazy, right? i wish i was lying. oh well, at this point, there is literally nothing more i can do. the ball is in everyone else's court, and i have done all i can do, and i have said my piece and laid everything out on the table...no holding back. nothing i do or say now can change the situation, so i just have to sit back and deal with it. luckily in 8 days i won't have to deal with it for more than three weeks! yesss.

so, guess what? on december 22, i get to see moneta and holyfield and the showbox! i am so ridiculously excited right now. it's been almost four months since i have been to show of one of my favorite seattle bands. it will be so good for me...something to help me get through the crap i'm having to deal with. and it's at the showbox, my favorite venue, or what i like to call my 'concert home'. i can't even count the number of shows i have been to there.

i can't believe the semester is almost over. on the one hand, i feel like i've barely been here at all, but on the other hand it has felt like an eternity. plus, there has been so much crap going on, and there were people in my life (that are no longer in it) that did not treat me well, which made things really hard. at least now i know that i won't have to be subjected to that person's negative comments about me all the time, which is a relief.

i'm so excited for christmas. i really just can't wait to go home and be with my family. the holiday season is my favorite time of year. i love seeing wonderful decorations every where i go...it just brings a smile to my face. though, i am not looking forward to going christmas shopping during the crazy time, when people start to get a little rabid and fight to the death for a parking space or a spot in line at the department store. i think it is sad that some people get so caught up in the holiday that they forget that the season is about giving, not about cutting in line, or getting the last shirt on the rack. i always try to just have a good attitude around christmas...considering it is supposed to be a celebration.

well only a few days left. i only have to go to my painting class two more times! yes! i only have one more core lecture, two more pilates classes (which i am very sad about...i absolutely love it), two more gospel of john classes, and then of course i have finals, which i only have three tests...the rest of my classes just have other assignments, like my painting class. i have quite a bit of work to do, which i'm actually kind of ahead on, but i should still try and get something done before dinner. spread the cheer!

No comments: